The feedback from my initial front cover design told me to make the cover image look more suited to the hip-hop genre so I decided to make one of the models teeth stand out from the black and white as gold.To do so I looked up a tutorial on how to make objects look gold on YouTube (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGBsq7uF6w) and so learnt how to do it.
1) The first thing I had to do was select the tooth using the quick select tool, pictured left and then create a duplicate of the background layer to turn gold while preserving the original image.
2) Next I went to image> adjustments> hue/saturation then selected colourise, so I could adjust the colour of the tooth, then moved the sliders for hue, saturation and lightness around until I found a balance I was happy with.
3) The next step was to use the dodge tool and go around the edges of the tooth to give it more shine/make it more realistic.
4) Then I went to filter> render> lighting effects to make the gold have more texture and shine and experimented with the sliders until I was happy with the result.
5) I then went to filter> render> lens flare and changed the brightness to look like light reflecting off the tooth.
6) Finally, I used the burn tool to give the tooth more texture as a final touch before it was complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment